Spirulina & Chlorella Blueberry Banana Bread Recipe
This recipe is vegan, dairy free, oil free, gluten free, and so easy to make! Mix in a serving of TriPow Greens and you've got yourself a loaf of Superfood Greens Banana Bread (or snack cake, as shown below).
- 3 ripe bananas
- 1/2 cup hemp seed milk* (or any plant based milk - almond, coconut, oat)
- 1/4 cup pitted medjool dates, packed
- 1/4 cup maple syrup*
- 1 tsp alcohol-free vanilla extract
- 2 cups gluten-free oat flour
- 1 tsp cinnamon
- 1/2 tsp sea salt
- 1/2 tsp baking soda
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 1/2 - 1 tsp TriPow Greens
- 1/2 cup blueberries (we like wild blueberries)
- To make hemp seed milk, combine 1/2 cup water, 2 tbsp hemp seeds, and 2 medjool dates in the blender. Blend on high until smooth.
- Add 2-3 tbsp monk fruit sugar, coconut sugar, or panela for a sweeter bread.
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees and line a cake or loaf pan with parchment paper.
- Place the bananas in a bowl and mash with a fork. Add the dates, maple syrup, hemp milk, and vanilla extract. Mix well. Add extra sweetener here if needed.
- In another bowl, combine the oat flour, cinnamon, sea salt, baking soda, and baking powder. Whisk until lump free. Add the wet ingredients and fold gently until you get a uniform batter.
- Add the blueberries and stir very gently, just enough to incorporate them. Top with TriPow Greens and stir in gently to create a swirl effect.
- Pour the batter into the loaf pan and bake in the oven for 50-60 minutes. After this, turn the oven off but leave the banana bread in the oven for 10 more minutes. Remove from the oven and cool completely before slicing.
Share your superfood greens banana Bread creations!
Share your scrumptious banana bread/snack cake picture on Instagram and tag @tripowgreens.
*adapted from Medical Medium Wild Blueberry Banana Bread recipe.